Custom Search

WELCOME TO JONES BLOG!

WORDS that are spoken, should provide 2 options - LIFE or DEATH!

There is so much power in words, when used appropriately. A depressed soul can be uplifted by a smooth tone of phrases, when all else fails. A crying child will become silent once an expression of adoration is spoken directly. Even when placed with a distinctive tune, hearts are moved to a compassionate mode. It has been said that music 'soothes the savage beast.' In addition, when you smile, or even laugh, the very innate qualities are rejuvenated, and extends to others, uplifting them to pursue life in its truest form.

I will be discussing many topics that appear to be imperative for today's way of thinking. With eloquent words, feelings of joy, love, peace, and contentment can be transferred. It is imperative to make sure we speak with what will cause one to walk away with an amazing outlook of assurance, knowing that things CAN, AND WILL work out!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Know The Plan!



"For I KNOW the PLANS I have for YOU," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope AND A FUTURE!"
(Jeremiah 29:11)


At times it doesn't always appear that we have a clue as to why we are even in existence, when taking in encompassing glances, yet seeing nothing but futile blueprints of where we are.  
I was a quiet introvert as a child, only speaking words when asked, either by teachers or my parents.  For as long as I can remember, there were various instances where I wanted to become a great wonder in the world.  Addressed as "MISS," being characterized as a little lady, my parents' friends would always want me to sing something in front of them, as if they were actually a captive audience.  Being given the opportunity to sing with the youth choir, at the age of 3, when the other members were much older (9-16), was the beginning of my dreams coming true, because it made me feel as though God Himself would literally have a smile on His face, as He hearkened to the words and melody.  

The book of Matthew, in the 21st chapter, states in the 16th verse:
"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked Him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, 'From the lips of children and infants you have ORDAINED PRAISE?'"
So, to me, every song, whether testament, hymn, or praise, filled the house with God's presence and power!  I was so honored for the opportunity.

My father introduced me to artistic classes, because I had severe health problems, and he wanted to make sure I was happy in spite of being ill.  I always appreciated having the opportunity to take advantage of dancing lessons.  I loved sporting my tap shoes, just so I could prance around and listen to the stroking sounds of the clicking silver bottoms.  My ultimate passion in dance was through expression of ballet and lyrical movement.  In turn, the very aspect allowed me the freedom that creatively provided that special feeling of wanting to SOAR!  Not so much just for the tutus, glitter, or stage lights, during recitals, but the mere statement of convictions,  learning how to grow into a person of emotional speech, without even moving my lips.  

I loved having the ability to regularly visit the Apollo Theater to watch and listen to some of the greatest music artists of the 1960s, as well as going to the movies, museums, libraries, and enjoying stage-play performances.  There were many ways available, to escape.  However, after 1968, a year of dismay for me, due to the assassinations of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., two days before my birthday, and Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, two months later, not to mention the sudden visit to the south, I felt that there was no vision of great things to come.  Outside of listening to all my old phonographic records, reading books, or reminiscing of NYC days, the only thing we were allowed to do was attend church, which was fine, because we were all practically born in one.

And WE KNOW that ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD to them that LOVE GOD, to them who are the CALLED, according to HIS Purpose! (Romans 8:28)
It was interesting, to say the least, initially having to go to a segregated school for a few months - something I NEVER experienced before.  We were called everything but a child of God, because of how our parents raised us.  Vernaculars like "Yankee," "White Girl," "New YERK (not York)," or "Miss It," were quoted repeatedly, because of the way we spoke.  I would become so disillusioned, wanting to hurray and go back home, to things as I had become accustomed, so I could feel more at ease with life again.  There were countless moments, when we would hear, "If it hadn't been for ME, you probably wouldn't be alive!"  No one seemed to even care to be interested in who we were, where we came from, or what we had experienced.  I would pray to the Lord that He would show me the way, to make it through the trials of uncertainties, because I had begun to question who I was becoming, or what my future held.

Back and forth, to and from NY, I appreciated the avid love for school days, and was suddenly offered a position as teacher's aide, when I was 13!  What an auspicious opportunity for me at that time, because the road appeared very dusty.  Working with 6th-grade students, who were labeled as "special," it always warmed my heart to listen to them read, or watch them work math problems, when it was said they were unlearned.  No one can tell me otherwise that all children are incapable of obtaining knowledge!  

Moreover, my "A-ha moments" continued to come, when three of my ninth-grade teachers, specializing in English, Civics and Art, read some of my written work, telling me afterward how impressed and astonished they were, especially since I was only 14-years-old.  It didn't dawn on me at the time, but those scholastic leaders were used to inspire me to do more with what I had been given.  Go figure!  A quiet-natured introvert, actually given mere words, to say, out of my mouth!

Years later, when I became a mother to my own children, I was determined to want them to learn all they could, for many reasons, as if their lives depended on it. In spite of being repeatedly told by others that a divorced mother is incapable of raising a child successfully, alone, but I had to trust what God told me.  It was clear how I could actually foresee what each of them would want to become, even in the midst of their childbearing stages.  I look at the 3 of them now, and God truly showed me what He promised! A college graduate/manager/artist, a college graduate/programmer/mentor/teacher/musician, and a college-student/teacher/dancer! God always has His perfect plan in mind for us! We are ordained, approved, and qualified, for such a time as this, so His glory, and purpose, can go forth, with POWER!  

Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing 
without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets.
The lion has roared- who will not fear? 
The Sovereign LORD has spoken- who can but prophesy?
(Amos 3:7-8)

It's amazing how God has supplied His Spirit in us, planting His unction, to speak words to others, those who feel as though they have no direction or purpose.  Since experience is sometimes the best teacher, God kn0ws what He is doing, when He created us in His image and likeness, so that we can prove what He is proficient at doing, no matter OUR history, or what negativity people may try to speak over us!

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's Mercy, to offer your bodies as LIVING sacrifices, holy and pleasing to GOD--this is your Spiritual act of Worship!  Do NOT conform any longer to the PATTERN of this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the RENEWING of your MIND!  THEN you (WE) will be able to TEST AND APPROVE what GOD'S WILL is--HIS GOOD, PLEASING AND PERFECT WILL!" (Romans 12:1-2)
The plan of God for us is so rewarding, and in spite of our sometimes disappointing moments, times of shedding tears, or becoming frazzled by circumstances that take place beyond our control, we have to hold fast to our profession of faith.  Whatever our journey has been, when we allow, the  Arm the Lord will continue to lead us through His glorious path of blessings, victory, and the ability to administer all of God's persona, to everyone!  Peace! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, and checking out our blog, Graphically Speaking... Creations of Thought! It would be extremely appreciative if you could provide some sort of message after reading each post. PLEASE feel free to leave a comment of your thoughts, suggestions, or even critique! May God continue bless and keep you in His care, always! :)