Custom Search

WELCOME TO JONES BLOG!

WORDS that are spoken, should provide 2 options - LIFE or DEATH!

There is so much power in words, when used appropriately. A depressed soul can be uplifted by a smooth tone of phrases, when all else fails. A crying child will become silent once an expression of adoration is spoken directly. Even when placed with a distinctive tune, hearts are moved to a compassionate mode. It has been said that music 'soothes the savage beast.' In addition, when you smile, or even laugh, the very innate qualities are rejuvenated, and extends to others, uplifting them to pursue life in its truest form.

I will be discussing many topics that appear to be imperative for today's way of thinking. With eloquent words, feelings of joy, love, peace, and contentment can be transferred. It is imperative to make sure we speak with what will cause one to walk away with an amazing outlook of assurance, knowing that things CAN, AND WILL work out!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

What Brings YOU Joy?

In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity.  
(2 Corinthians 8:2)


While everything seems to be getting off on a weird note so far this year, I find myself more now than ever, relying on what keeps me sane and hopeful.  Now please don't get me wrong, as I am not complaining at all.  But, in the scheme of things, there are a few preferences that remain constant, as far as what normally puts a smile on my face, and joy in my heart, getting me through the rough patches of the day.



One is preparing wonderful dishes, whether cooking tasty meals, such as Seafood Fettuccine, Mexican Pasta Casserole, and Grilled Chicken Tetrazzini,  or baking tantalizing desserts, like Strawberries and Pineapple Cream Cake (pictured).  The other is knowing and believing what God has told me He will continue to do in my life, so that I can soar like an eagle, and will help to supply me with love to counterattack moments of frustration.
 


I can remember being 6-years-old,  when I first felt a strong desire to learn how to cook.  My father was an amazing connoisseur in the kitchen, especially since he was a chef part-time, and I was always excited about watching him work.  But what really helped to motivate me  into the deciding factor of wanting to grasp the concept as early as possible, was when I spent a day with my older cousin, who was fifteen at the time.  She knew absolutely NOTHING about cooking -  including her inability to boil water!  My cousin tried to prepare some rice in a pot.  However, after finding out she did not know how to operate her stove top, she spooned the wet, uncooked stuff into a bowl, and poured Bosco chocolate syrup on top of it.  Yuck!  Right then and there, I made a vow to myself, that as SOON as I was able to reach the stove, I WOULD LEARN HOW TO COOK!  No one else would make me  eat anything like that again!

Well, from the age of nine, to the present time, building and mastering my culinary skills has been quite uplifting for me during an otherwise gloomy moment of the day.  Utilizing different  flavors, comprising ordinary edible items, and finalizing with such a delectable, personal touch, brings sheer happiness, every time!  And, I love when my children come over, during a special day or holiday, and sit in the dining room, enjoying every morsel.  I become bright with ecstatic joy watching them!  As a matter of fact, when they were all much younger, we would get in the kitchen together and work on a repast project, where the finished product would result in a magnificent masterpiece.  They can all still prepare delicious food dishes themselves, for their own families!  Amazing!


Now, in the way of relationship with my True Source of Strength, through  quiet conversations, reading, studying and acknowledging the Word of God in my every-day existence, keep me grounded.   Good music (well, REAL good music), always provides a sense of exhilaration, freedom and peace, collectively, at the same time.  I love taking opportunities to sing songs of inspiration, comfort, love and what my expectations will become.  When an old melody comes to mind, or while in a store I overhear a beautiful tune, sung by a true artist, it always seems to make me feel elated.


Even though there is so much turmoil, strife, envy and ugliness of how people treat others different from their very nature, I am thankful that I have someone to lean on, who never lets me down.  Those alternatives make me realize that all is not lost, and there is still unfailing optimism available in what we have, or who we have in our lives.


What about you - how do you muster good, positive, love-inspired brightness during your hectic day?  We all have something that gives us joy in a good way, without bringing another down in despair.  Where does YOUR joy come from?  How do you manage your moments?

3 comments:

  1. This is so interesting to me! I love my God, my children with their families, music, cooking, baking and inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Food, Music, Video games, and just chilling bring me happiness. It's usually small things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @eppskevin- Thank you so much for sharing some of your favorite things that bring you joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, and checking out our blog, Graphically Speaking... Creations of Thought! It would be extremely appreciative if you could provide some sort of message after reading each post. PLEASE feel free to leave a comment of your thoughts, suggestions, or even critique! May God continue bless and keep you in His care, always! :)