Custom Search

WELCOME TO JONES BLOG!

WORDS that are spoken, should provide 2 options - LIFE or DEATH!

There is so much power in words, when used appropriately. A depressed soul can be uplifted by a smooth tone of phrases, when all else fails. A crying child will become silent once an expression of adoration is spoken directly. Even when placed with a distinctive tune, hearts are moved to a compassionate mode. It has been said that music 'soothes the savage beast.' In addition, when you smile, or even laugh, the very innate qualities are rejuvenated, and extends to others, uplifting them to pursue life in its truest form.

I will be discussing many topics that appear to be imperative for today's way of thinking. With eloquent words, feelings of joy, love, peace, and contentment can be transferred. It is imperative to make sure we speak with what will cause one to walk away with an amazing outlook of assurance, knowing that things CAN, AND WILL work out!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Disabled and Living in the Real World: "I'm letting go..."

Guest Blogger:  Ms. Grace Brulotte


"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned , in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." 
(Philippians 4:11)

 Greetings, everyone!


My Photo
Grace Brulotte
If we could all be mindful of how many reasons we have to be thankful, it would be a wonderful world!  I ran across a video featuring the young lady shown here, and was truly inspired by her story.  Sometimes we fail to realize just how blessed we are in our lives, with our huge paychecks, from our illustrious jobs with cushy position titles, driving our shiny vehicles, wearing outfits that cost as much as what a third-world country could live on, or gazing at our expensive pieces of furniture in a home we hardly have enough time to enjoy.  This young 16-year-old, Grace Brulotte, in spite of certain challenges, has such a compassionate will to serve and be a witness that God is able to do anything but fail, while allowing her to flow under His wings.  I was so blessed by her, that I couldn't help but want to share.  Below is one of the posts from her blog:  


When we remain vigilant, with a spirit of positivity glowing on our face, nothing is too difficult for us to get through, with the help of the Lord!  Be inspired, my friends, to move forward, with GRACE and contentment, knowing things are not as bad in your life as you think! :)

I'm letting go...

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd post something before I go to bed...getting to bed a little earlier tonight! Not only have I been getting to bed earlier but I've been waking up earlier too! Trying to get myself back into the school routine! I have about a week and a half before I go back to school, I'm just trying to prepare myself! I had a bit of a tough year last year, it was almost too stressful for me. I felt as though I had a giant weight on my shoulders that would not go away no matter what I did. I don't want that happening this year, but you know what I realized? I had no relief from the stress because I was trying to do something about it. Instead of giving it over to God and letting him take care of it, I was trying to be super woman and do it myself! You know what that does? It puts even more stress on yourself! Sometimes I think I can take on the world and do everything myself, I can deal with the stress and the pain all by myself! Then what's God there for? All last year he was just waiting for me to give it over to Him, to take my hands off the wheel and say, "you drive". But I don't want to give Him full control, I'll  give Him control over some stuff, but not everything! Why do I do this? Because I want MY life to go exactly as I plan, because I think I know best! But in reality, God is the one that made me, so shouldn't He know what's best for me, His own creation? God has this perfect plan for me, He had it all planned out, but you see, I come in and because I think I know best or I let my emotions get in the way, I stray off that plan, that path. And what ends up happening? I get to walk the long way around, the hard, rocky, bumpy long way around. I didn't have to choose that way, God was showing me the right way, but I let MYSELF get in the way. I have no one to blame but myself. So instead of trying to be super woman this year, which CLEARLY didn't work out, I'm going to ask God, "what do you want me to do this year?" or, "God, I'm stressed about this, could you help me?". I'm not always going to do everything right, but at least by doing it that way, I know I'm off to a pretty good start! So I encourage you to ask God what HE wants to happen in your life. As the song says, you just gotta throw your hands up in the air and say, "JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL"! Trust me, in the long run, things will go better that way! You never know what will happen!      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, and checking out our blog, Graphically Speaking... Creations of Thought! It would be extremely appreciative if you could provide some sort of message after reading each post. PLEASE feel free to leave a comment of your thoughts, suggestions, or even critique! May God continue bless and keep you in His care, always! :)