Custom Search

WELCOME TO JONES BLOG!

WORDS that are spoken, should provide 2 options - LIFE or DEATH!

There is so much power in words, when used appropriately. A depressed soul can be uplifted by a smooth tone of phrases, when all else fails. A crying child will become silent once an expression of adoration is spoken directly. Even when placed with a distinctive tune, hearts are moved to a compassionate mode. It has been said that music 'soothes the savage beast.' In addition, when you smile, or even laugh, the very innate qualities are rejuvenated, and extends to others, uplifting them to pursue life in its truest form.

I will be discussing many topics that appear to be imperative for today's way of thinking. With eloquent words, feelings of joy, love, peace, and contentment can be transferred. It is imperative to make sure we speak with what will cause one to walk away with an amazing outlook of assurance, knowing that things CAN, AND WILL work out!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

They Showed Me How: Women’s History Month (March)

inspirationalwomen

History: Teaching Events or Experience of former times!

Even though yesterday was the last day of March, to be honest, I normally don’t wait until a particular month to show appreciation to a significant individual.  However, in celebration of Women’s History Month, it would be nice to remember, and pay homage to those individuals who helped motivate me in life.

Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Messiah, and that He had spoken these things unto her. (John 20:18)

grannywhiteoutfitOther than my mother, or grandmother (pictured, left) there are those women who have provided such truth and insight.  It’s been, and continues to be, an amazing learning experience for me.

Speaking of the women who have projected true experiences for us to be motivated by, there is, for instance, Mary, who was chosen to become an instrumental being, the virgin to conceive the Messiah.  One day while visiting Elizabeth, who was pregnant with John the Baptist at the time, during her old age, the Holy Spirit made the baby in Elizabeth leap inside the womb with joy.  In a loud voice she exclaimed to Mary: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!” 

Another female, who was considered to be, biblically speaking, a harlot, or what people today define, a prostitute, yet Mary Magdalene was shown the Father’s amazing forgiveness, compassion, and the opportunity to change into the image ordained for her to walk in, revealing a better way to live.  In addition, she was given a ministering-prolific Word, bearing witness that the Messiah indeed rose from the dead, just like He told the disciples He would, the same brothers who walked and learned under His tutelage.  What an amazing testimony for a woman to proclaim!

Anyway, I want to spotlight the following, some of the most magnificent women, who with the Father’s help, reminded me personally, and constantly, of why I was created.  The purpose confirmed through the Holy Spirit, to be His witness, everywhere I am.  In the midst of trials or sufferings, He shined His Light on them. They, in turn, shared their wisdom, teaching me how to become that virtuous, humble woman, showing me it’s okay to be me in Him. 

Who has been your inspiration?  If the question was brought to your attention, who would you say gave the motivation to become that woman you are destined to be?

hattie-harris

Sis. Hattie Harris:

My ninth grade year showed signs of unsure feelings.  It was going to be my first time attending high school.  A dark-brown teenaged girl from NYC, who already experienced being the brunt of Southern conversation as the weird one with the proper-speaking dialect, it was difficult to figure out my purpose. 

In comes Ms. Harris, the one teacher many students gossiped about as the “mean one,” but I’ve always loved having an educator with intensity, so I welcomed becoming one of the students in her infamous English class.  She recognized our potential at first glance, and did not hesitate to pull out of us what was expected. 

While being an introvert, I had a conspicuous passion for poetry and theater, as well as music; notwithstanding, Ms. Harris, upon reading some of my work, expressed great delight.  She, in turn, encouraged me to continue providing heartfelt compositions.  She even showed it to other teachers, who were instrumental in provoking me to pursuing penned greatness, with an esteemed purpose to make others smile.  Thank you, Ms. Harris, for being “that teacher” for me, at the right time!  You have continued to be that beacon, and I speak of you often, to this day, to my own children, who are wise inspirations themselves, with words to share, passing the faith along!

Mrs. Barbara V. Evers:

An incredible educator sent by the Father, used to point out the obvious knowledge and writing ability already placed inside of me, Ms. Evers was the perfect tutor of excellence.

She was noted as one who recognized, though I assumed it was over for me, as far as writing, or speaking to groups of people of various origins.  Such a blessed woman of God, with limitless fortitude, inspiring everyone with her expertise, to pursue greatness, no matter what the predicament.

Like her website states,

It doesn't take long for people who meet Barbara Evers to recognize her talents in written and verbal communication.  Tapping into this strength, Barbara has found success in many facets of her life...but the path wasn't always easy. Her mission, now, is to help others do the same professionally, personally, and/or spiritually, through:

  • EvertrainCorporate Training and Personal Development
  • Everspeak: Motivational and Inspirational Speaking
  • Everwrite:  Writing, Editing, and Proofreading Services

I am so elated that the Father saw fit to allow our paths to cross, further instilling the motivation for me to see what He’s shown others through the years, and get finally the point!  Thank you, Mrs. Evers, for being that “spiritual light” of reflection that I needed. 

katiejordan

Min. Katie L. Jordan:

Min. Katie Jordan has always walked victoriously, showing us just what a virtuous woman is noted for.  When I was first given the opportunity to sing with QSYA Choir, it was imperative that I actually pay close attention to how the Father used them, under her direction.  Not just an ordinary “church choir,” but a Holy-Ghost-filled ministry! 

Min. Jordan, a musician, vocal leader, prayer warrior, and evangelist, has always been ready for the task at hand, following the leading of the Holy Spirit!  She was, and still is gifted to preach, or sing, the ‘good news” of God’s Word, with power and authority.

Every time we received an invitation to attend an event, whether a gospel concert, anniversary program, revival meeting, as guest evangelist, the power of the Most High would move so awesomely, the most popular person would have to take a back seat to the cloud of the Holy Spirit flowing through the building!

Songs like Walter Hawkins’ “God Is Standing By,” the late Dr. Charles Hayes and Cosmopolitan Choir’s “Jesus Can Work It Out,” even The Williams Brothers’ “If You Move, I’ll Fall” are some of her signatures.  Back in the day, it was more about conveying encouragement, or inspiration, knowing that the time is at hand, and we must “be ready when He comes again.”  Show them how it’s really done, Min. Katie!

sisjuanitaburnsidecombo

Sis. Juanita Burnside:

Always taking advantage of the words of the older, yet wiser individuals, it was a time of the need for reflection and clarity for me.  The Father was revealing many things through the Holy Spirit, so much that I truly prayed to Him to confirm what He was showing.  Sis. Burnside noticed me years ago, during the 80s, and would just watch me from afar, as I made conscious, and unconscious mistakes, but still saw the me inside.

Years later, the both of us ended up being sent to the same church congregation, not to join, but to follow the leading of the Father’s move.  One day, I was given the opportunity to speak for an event, and received vivid words to share.  Sis. Burnside, right away, emphatically admonished that “flesh and blood did not reveal” what was spoken, but the Holy Spirit was shown, heard, and felt, through the words.

Sis. Burnside then became a highly-anointed, extended mother figure to me.  A spiritual confidante whom the Father provided, used to confirm the revelations of His mighty moves.  She let me know that I wasn’t crazy after all, that the mistakes I made in my life, were only going to become testimonies for those who feel they are insignificant creatures.  The Father’s voice can really be heard, through His Spirit, and there is absolutely nothing He cannot do, but fail.  We just have to be obedient to His Will, as well as His Word, and HE WILL show us great and mighty things that we don’t know!

I was told we were related, and hearing her say that made me gratified at that fact.  Unfortunately, when she transitioned, I was left with such a great loss that could not be imagined.  She never shared with me that she had a health issue, but always tried to be an encouraging party.  Strong like no one else, Sis. Burnside did not play, or accept being played with.  She stood firm on what the Father said, and would tell you to your face when you’re traveling down the wrong road, stopping you in your tracks.

If I learned anything from her life, it is that the Father has called many to do His bidding, whatever that may be.  And we must be ready, willing, and able, to act on His command, showing love and holy boldness.  The seeds planted through Sis. Juanita Burnside’s walk in the Father truly shows signs of growing strong in Him, just like she prayed and put into action.

Photo: Apostle Rejoice Marie Dupree – Life Celebration Service<br /><br />On behalf of the Family of Apostle Rejoice Dupree thank you for all of your FaceBook post, emails, phone calls and love.  Life Celebration Services will be held in Sacramento, California on August 8, 2013 and in Greenville, South Carolina on September 14, 2013.  For further information please email WilliamUrsery@yahoo.com.<br /><br />Sacramento, CA<br /><br />When:   Thursday, August 8, 2013<br /><br />Time:     11:00AM<br /><br />Where:  Calvary Christian Chapel<br /><br />2665 Del Paso Blvd.<br /><br />Sacramento, CA 95815<br /><br />(916) 929 – 5725<br /><br /> <br />Greenville, SC<br /><br />When:   Saturday, September 14, 2013<br /><br />Time:     TBD<br /><br />Where:  TBD<br /><br />Contact info: Cards/Letters<br />William Ursery/ Yvette Austin- son/daughter of Rejoice Marie Dupree<br />28 Glentress Ct.<br />Sacramento, CA 95833

Min. Rejoice Dupree:

This woman of God truly personified what ministry exuded during her fulfilled life.  The initial moment of coming in contact with her, was during a special women’s conference.  Min. Rejoice was a guest soloist.  Upon the worship experience she provided, I witnessed that ministry the Father revealed to me during my childhood days.  I was in awe of how HE was using her, captivated by her unwavering obedience, her ability to sensitively hear through the Spirit.  While singing, she would walk through the congregation, touching the individuals as she was led, sometimes giving each person an inspirational momentum. 

After a few years, we ended up on the same program, both guest soloists.  Once I finished the song I was instructed to minister, Rejoice approached me before I could sit down, speaking the words the Father gave her to pass on to me.  It was phenomenal how the Father showed me to her, the commission He gave to her for me.  I was astonished, but thankful at the same time!

Min. Rejoice continued throughout the years to keep our communication door open, and was one of the first to purchase our CD from me, after listening to the song “Chosen” over the phone.  She stated how she became very emotional, praising the Father for how He gave the words to the composer, the musical flow, vocal presence, etc.  Such an absolutely motivational woman of virtue!

She is no longer with us in flesh, after transitioning last year, and my heart is still at a loss.  I truly miss her so much, there are times where I have a sense of sadness appear out of nowhere. Nevertheless, I’m thankful for the many memories I have of her determination, compassionate nature, and willingness to make sure every person knows they are loved by our Heavenly Father!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, and checking out our blog, Graphically Speaking... Creations of Thought! It would be extremely appreciative if you could provide some sort of message after reading each post. PLEASE feel free to leave a comment of your thoughts, suggestions, or even critique! May God continue bless and keep you in His care, always! :)